DEADLINE: DECEMBER 1, 2019
Massey University College of Humanities and Social Sciences International Excellence Scholarships
The aim of the Massey University College of Humanities and Social Sciences International Excellence Scholarships, (“the Scholarship”) is to attract highly capable new international students with demonstrated academic excellence to study full time in a College of Humanities and Social Sciences undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
The Scholarship will be based on academic merit at the discretion of the selection committee.
The Scholarship is valued at NZD $5,000 for every 120 credits enrolled, for the total credit value of the Programme.
•Undergraduate Programme maximum: NZD $20,000 (4-year programme)
•Postgraduate Programme maximum: NZD $10,000 (2-year programme)
The total number of new scholarships to be awarded each year is subject to the approval by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Executive Group.
1. Applicants must be new to Massey University. Students completing a Foundation program at the Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE), Massey University, will be considered as a new student.
2. The recipient must meet all programme admission requirements.
3. The recipient must be enrolled in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate programme (excluding Ph.D.) offered by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
4. Recipients must be enrolled as “internal” students (who take courses delivered by either Internal or Block mode).
5. Continuation of the scholarship payment is subject to the recipient remaining in an eligible program and maintaining the required Grade Point Average (GPA) after the first and subsequent years.
6. For the purpose of this scholarship, the academic merit is assessed as an admissions Grade Point Average, determined by Massey University.
7. Applicants who are already enrolled in a Massey University partner institution’s articulation programme are not eligible for this Scholarship.
8. Applicants who are seeking advanced standing or credit transfer (but who are not part of a Massey University articulation programme) are eligible to apply for this Scholarship.
Applicants must remain full fee-paying international students whilst studying in their approved program in New Zealand throughout the duration of their study.
The Scholarship will be awarded for a term equivalent to the full-time study period for the recipient’s program, but subject to maximum amounts and satisfactory academic performance to be eligible for installment payments after the first year.
The tenure of the Scholarship shall commence at the start of semester one or two.
The Massey University College of Humanities and Social Sciences International Excellence Scholarships is valued at NZD $5,000 per 120 credits enrolled, for up to the total credit value of the Programme.
The Scholarship will be awarded in installments as a tuition fee discount in each semester of study following confirmation of enrolment, after the official withdrawal without financial penalty (WMAR) date.
Installments of the scholarship after the first year are dependent on the recipient maintaining a certain Grade Point Average:
•For undergraduate study: a GPA of 5.0 (B average) must be maintained
•For postgraduate study: a GPA of 6.0 (B+ average) must be maintained
In the event that a recipient withdraws from the approved program, Massey University has the absolute discretion to determine whether all or any part of the Scholarship shall be refunded to Massey University.
The Scholarship is not transferrable should the recipient withdraw from Massey University or change their program of study to one not offered by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at Massey University.
CONDITIONS OF STUDY
Recipients must be full-fee-paying international students, who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of New Zealand or Australia. (If, during the tenure of an award, a recipient’s immigration status changes so that he or she is no longer a full-fee paying international student and thereby obtains a partial refund of academic fees from the University, the award will be withdrawn).
The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other Scholarships or Awards, so long as those Scholarships or Awards are not from Massey University and they permit co-tenure.
At the discretion of Massey University, the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any recipient.
An offer of a College of Humanities and Social Sciences International Excellence Scholarship is not an offer of admission to Massey University, nor does it imply approval of enrolment in a program at Massey University.
The Award will be based on academic merit at the discretion of the selection committee.
A selection committee will be appointed by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Executive Group to assess all applications.
Applicants will be notified whether or not they have been awarded the Scholarship as soon as possible after the application deadline.