Deadline: September 27, 2019
Scholarships of Excellence of the Government of Mexico for Foreigners
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), through the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID), summons foreigners interested in studying in Mexico, at the levels of specialty, master’s, doctorate and postgraduate research, as well as undergraduate and graduate student mobility programs, to participate in the “Call for Excellence Scholarships of the Government of Mexico for Foreigners 2020”.
The Call is offered to more than 180 countries, within the framework of bilateral agreements, multilateral mechanisms, and special agreements. More than 90 Mexican Higher Education Institutions (IES) participate in this Call and all have academic programs registered in the National Quality Postgraduate Program of the National Council of Science and Technology. These programs bear witness to the progress that the country has achieved in various areas of science and humanities.
a) How to apply
1. The application is made in a personal capacity and only one application per person will be accepted.
2. Applicants with more than one nationality may only submit one application. The nomination must come from the same country as the nationality chosen by the applicant to use while in Mexico
3. Applicants who have already begun their studies in Mexico, in the HEIs
and in the academic programs indicated in this Call, are eligible to participate in this Call.
4. The AMEXCID scholarship is not retroactive, that is, it does not cover any
expenses (including air transport) that have been made prior to granting the scholarship.
Preference will be given to applicants that:
1. Select a program on issues that are a priority for the development of their country and of strategic interest to Mexico (priority will be given to academic programs related to the education, health, energy, environmental and/or telecommunications sectors).
2. Apply for academic programs or research not available in their country.
3. Study or do research at institutions located outside of Mexico City’s metropolitan area.
4. Hold faculty or research positions at public universities and scientific research centers in their country.
5. Are public officials in charge of areas or programs of special interest for their country. Applications that meet all the requirements may be subject to review by authorities in their respective country, through a pre-selection process. In these cases, the Mexican Government will evaluate only the preselected files.
6. They have not previously been beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Government of Mexico, through AMEXCID, during at least the same period for which they were granted scholarships.