DEADLINE: December 16, 2019
In Money Trail, Journalismfund.eu offers working grants for African, Asian and European journalists to investigate cross-border illicit financial flows, tax abuse and corruption in Africa, Asia, and Europe. Grants are awarded to journalists solely by Journalismfund.eu, with no input or oversight at any stage from the consortium as a whole. This working grants project is part of a larger Money Trail project.
- Preferably, intercontinental journalist teams consisting of at least one African, one Asian and/or one European journalist. Each team preferably consist of journalists from two continents. Ideally, the teams must provide letters of intent for publication from media organizations in two continents.
- We also accept regional cross-border collaborations in Africa and Asia. Each team must consist of journalists from at least two countries.
- Exceptional proposals from individual journalists in Africa and Asia whose story includes an offshore element in a national story – where the money trail leads to a tax haven – can be accepted.
- European journalists planning on applying must collaborate with an African or Asian journalist.
- Foreign correspondents in Africa or Asia can apply with local journalists.
- 25 March 2019, 11.59 PM Brussels time.
- 25 June 2019, 11.59 PM Brussels time.
- 24 September 2019, 11.59 PM Brussels time.
- 16 December 2019, 11.59 PM Brussels time.