The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) are a group of six insurance carrier that is part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group. Headquartered in Omaha, NE, and with more than 45 years in business, BHHC has evolved from a regional carrier to a national insurance group writing a diverse book of policies from coast to coast. We insure challenging classes in today’s commercial auto & property marketplace, such as trucking, public auto, vacant and rental properties, and so much more. BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by A.M.Best’s highest financial strength rating of A++.
We have an immediate opening for an Underwriting Assistant I or II who will review insurance policies and applications for acceptability and profitability within Company guidelines.
No prior experience is needed – we train!
- Receive, record and assign new underwriting submissions to underwriters
- Assist underwriters with new and renewal accounts by entering information into rating software
- Prepare new and renewal binds for policy issuance
- Serve as a quality assurance technician for various issuance, endorsement, and other necessary documents required
- Communicate with agents for missing information, signed documentation and clarification of various items on behalf of the underwriters
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent and two years of college or equivalent
- Basic math, rating
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organize time and resources and handle multiple priorities
- Work with detail with accuracy