Deadline is Monday, April 22, 2018 @ 5pm.
Action for Community Matters (ACOMA) is a local Non-Governmental Organization founded
on April 3, 2014, to provide basic training in entrepreneurship and business management; microcredit and scholarship opportunities to impoverished women and children. Acoma’s mission is to empower and improve the poor people’s opportunities to access skills and revolving funds to eradicate the root causes of poverty and enable them to attain self-reliance and sustainability through setting up their individual viable/profitable micro businesses and generate income for their families.
This person should be familiar with audits, invoices, and budget preparations. The ideal candidate should demonstrate an interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable. They should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
• Keep accurate records for all loan transactions
• Prepare financial reports
• Process invoices
• Record accounts payables and receivables
• Update internal systems with financial data
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
• Reconcile bank statements
• Participate in financial audits
• Track bank deposits and payments
• Assist with budget preparation
• Review and implement financial policies
• BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
• Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Experience using financial software preferably Quick Book.
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Knowledge of financial regulations
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Sharp time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
Instructions on how to apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume and all other relevant documents to:
[email protected] with Finance Officer in the subject line and cc
[email protected] Deadline is Monday, April 22, 2018 @ 5pm. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
Note: Females are encouraged to apply.